Minor Tooth Repair Made Easy
Dental bonding is a painless way to fix a chipped tooth or hide a discoloured tooth. It’s non-invasive, affordable and can be done in one visit.
To bond a tooth is to apply a thin layer of composite resin over its surface to hide what’s beneath it, or on top of it to restore a chipped tooth to its original shape.
- We’ll prepare the tooth surface to work well with the composite resin.
- We’ll then choose a resin colour to match the colour of your natural teeth and layer it on to either fully cover or rebuild the tooth
- The last step is to shape and polish the resin to make it feel like a smooth, natural tooth
The Durability of Dental Bonding
Bonds are not meant to last a lifetime. You’ll most likely have to come in for a touch-up once in a while, but luckily they’re very easy. The best way to ensure a long-lasting bonded tooth is to take care of it like you would any other tooth in your mouth.
- Avoid habits like fingernail biting and pen-cap chewing
- Practice good oral hygiene
- Keep having regular check-ups
Benefits of Teeth Bonding
A bond can go a long way to create a healthy confidence in anyone.
- It can improve a smile by hiding an unsightly discolouration
- It can restore a chipped tooth to its original shape
- It can fill small gaps between neighbouring teeth
- It can make you want to smile with your mouth open again
Learn more about how dental treatments like dental bonding and veneers can be used to improve the look of healthy teeth.
Replacement of the dental bonding on the central incisor following orthodontic treatment: