Minor Tooth Repair Made Easy
Bonding is a painless way to fix a chipped tooth or hide a discoloured tooth. It’s non-invasive, affordable and can be done in one visit.
To bond a tooth is to apply a thin layer of composite resin over its surface to hide what’s beneath it, or on top of it to restore a chipped tooth to its original shape.
- We’ll prepare the tooth surface to work well with the composite resin.
- We’ll then choose a resin colour to match the colour of your natural teeth and layer it on to either fully cover or rebuild the tooth
- The last step is to shape and polish the resin to make it feel like a smooth, natural tooth
The Durability of Dental Bonding
Bonds are not meant to last a lifetime. You’ll most likely have to come in for a touch-up once in a while, but luckily they’re very easy. The best way to ensure a long-lasting bonded tooth is to take care of it like you would any other tooth in your mouth.
- Avoid habits like fingernail biting and pen-cap chewing
- Practice good oral hygiene
- Keep having regular check-ups
Benefits of Dental Bonding
A bond can go a long way to create a healthy confidence in anyone.
- It can improve a smile by hiding an unsightly discolouration
- It can restore a chipped tooth to its original shape
- It can fill small gaps between neighbouring teeth
- It can make you want to smile with your mouth open again
Replacement of the bonding on the central incisor following orthodontic treatment: