To Our Valued Patients,
We are delighted to announce that Yonge Eglinton Dental will be reopening on Monday, June 8th for regular dental care. Our regulatory body and public health have finalized the guidelines required for dental offices to reopen in Ontario and we are working diligently to meet and exceed these requirements.
We have made significant changes to increase the safety of our patients and the Yonge Eglinton Dental team. While reception staff can review this with you prior to your appointment, the following is a summary of some of the changes that have been made:
- COVID-19 Screenings: Prior to your appointment and on arrival, all patients will be screened for COVID-19 before entering Yonge Eglinton Dental. Patients screening positive can return after they have consulted with their physician and/or after they are symptom-free following 14 days of self-isolation. In the event of a dental emergency, patients screening positive will be referred to an alternate location for treatment.
- Hand Hygiene: Patients will be required to use Alcohol-Based Hand Rub upon entering and exiting Yonge Eglinton Dental.
- Mandatory Face Coverings: Patients and visitors must wear their own face covering at all times while in the office except when receiving treatment. In an effort to conserve the limited supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) resulting from the global pandemic, we are unable to provide face coverings to all patients.
- Physical Distancing: In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are required to close our waiting area for patients and visitors to Yonge Eglinton Dental. We are placing floor decals indicating how to remain a safe distance from others at our clinic. We have installed a transparent physical barrier to separate the reception desk from the rest of the waiting room.
- Appointments: We ask that you arrive at your scheduled appointment time and enter the office when you are called in. Our reception staff will arrange pick up times and remain in contact with any individuals accompanying patients to Yonge Eglinton Dental.
- Air Purifiers: New medical-grade HEPA air purifiers have been installed in all dental operatories to improve air quality and as a safety precaution.
- Payment: We will only be accepting debit/credit cards at this time to avoid handling currency.
Over the next few days, our reception team will be contacting all patients with upcoming appointments, whose treatment was interrupted as a result of our closure, and those who have reported dental issues that could not be resolved during our closure. If you have an unreported dental concern that developed during our closure, please contact our office at (416) 932-2222 or email@example.com. Once again, we wish to thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Yonge Eglinton Dental